While the world is still learning about the coronavirus (COVID-19), health officials are recommending that everyone should take the following steps to protect and prevent against the spread of the:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when you cough or sneeze.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Remember that we all have a shared responsibility in fighting and defeating this disease. Updated information from the CDC on coronavirus in the United States can be found at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html. The most recent information about coronavirus in Texas can be found at https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/.